Recognised as a chapel in 1729 and later becoming a parish church in 1789, it was completely renovated in the early 1930s. It houses an important painting by Giovanni di Paolo depicting the Madonna and Child with Angels Playing Music. The painting, which according to an unproven tradition comes from the chapel of the Cotone castle and bears an inscription added in the 1930s, is stylistically attributable to the painter’s late work (circa 1475-80). On the high altar is a polychrome wooden crucifix, the work of 18th-century Tuscan craftsmanship.
San Martino di Castrozza
VIVA! Festival 2026
Tandem paragliding flights in Tirolo and Merano: the thrill of flying over the Alps
Recipe: Polta di Pacentro, the peasant dish that symbolises the traditions of Abruzzo