The Church of Sant’Andrea in the village of Montecarlo, in Tuscany, was built in the 14th century, when Emperor Charles IV founded the castle of Montecarlo. The original building, of which the façade remains—constructed of large, square blocks of sandstone with a portal topped by a two-coloured lunette—was in a very poor state by the mid-17th century, but was not restored until the late 18th century; the decorative elements were completed in the second half of the 19th century.
The Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary houses some of the most precious works; the most interesting is the statue of Saint Anthony the Abbot by Francesco di Valdambrino (first decade of the 15th century); the panel depicting the Enthroned Madonna and Child by Francesco Anguilla (1434) forms the central panel of a polyptych, the side panels of which are located in Birmingham, in the US state of Alabama.
San Martino di Castrozza
Barga in Cioccolato 2026
Cianfagna Winery Residence
Historic trails and slow itineraries between Pavia and Oltrepò Pavese: the charm of slow tourism amidst nature, villages and spirituality