The church of Madonna della Neve, built by the Augustinians in Santa Fiora, is also called "della Piscina" because of its proximity to the Peschiera complex, where the Fiora waters are collected.
During the construction of the church, in the fifteenth century, the stream was channeled into a large stone conduit which led to the Peschiera. More or less in the same years the inhabitants of the nearby districts of Monte Catino and Borgo began to testify that a small image of the Madonna, painted in a tabernacle (which was probably located on the side of the paved road, where today there is the high altar) he was working graces and miracles. For this reason the citizens, the Sforza, the Augustinian friars of the nearby convent and the bishop of Chiusi, promoted and built the church in its current form.
The Della Robbia depicting Saints Flora and Lucilla was placed on the facade of the church. Inside, recent restoration activities have brought to light complex cycles of overlapping frescoes, the main of which are the work of the Amiata painter Francesco Nasini, dating back to 1640 c. To.