Here are 10 Italian villages to discover and experience with many things to do. Ideas and curiosities for all tastes and for every season.
1. Venture into the mysteries that hover in the village of Pitigliano (Tuscany) and its Etruscan caves: strong emotions in an intriguing underground world in which galleries, tunnels and columbari with niches wind. And also the gigantic "cut": long paths taken millennia ago from the tufaceous rock.
2. Discover the history of Vialone Nano, the best Italian rice, in the village of Isola della Scala (Veneto). The village owes its fame also to the cultivation of this precious Igp rice. You can not miss it in a rutilant sequence of proposals, from appetizers to desserts.
3. Hovering in the sky in the heart of Basilicata, where a steel cable suspended between the peaks of the villages of Castelmezzano and Pietrapertosa allows you to try a unique experience: the "flight of the angel". By anchoring to a hook and in complete safety, you can try an unforgettable experience.
4. Practicing windsurfing or sailing in the village of Lazise, on the coast of Olives (Veneto) and on Lake Garda. The village is perfect for this sport and the reason lies in the winds, the Peler that the morning blows from the north and the hour that the afternoon comes from the south.
5. Stroll through the streets of the small village of Aci Trezza, in Sicily, following the traces of history and the plot of "I Malavoglia". Over a fleeting flow of clock hands, then, you can discover the villages on the slopes of Etna.
6. Live a fairy tale for a day and go to the village of Collodi (Tuscany), famous thanks to Carlo Lorenzini, the author of Pinocchio's fairy tale, to whom the Pinocchio Park was named. Art, nature and games for adults and children.
7. Acquire the precious Italian coral, deciding between two "titans": that of the village of Alghero (Sardinia), which in 1355 reported it even in the emblem of the city, or that of the villages of Campania, where the coral artisans are concentrated in area of Torre del Greco, in the province of Naples.
8. Discover the only Italian whiskey distillery in the village of Glorenza (Trentino Alto-Adige). The stills, in pure copper, come directly from Scotland while the Italian village emanates a medieval atmosphere.
9. Sail aboard boats in the Po Delta Park, starting from the village of Comacchio, ideal for getting into the magical Valleys of Comacchio dell'Emilia Romagna. To slip on the waves in a motor ship in the silent enchantment of nature.
10. Go for ... white truffles instead of mushrooms, improvising perhaps "hunting" joke with lots of trained dogs in the village of Pergola (Marche), among the capitals of the precious tuber.
Main photo Parco di Pinocchio (Collodi) Facebook