Built towards the end of the 11th century, the Church of St Peter the Apostle has undergone various architectural transformations over time. The church has a single nave and contains valuable works of art: a statue of Our Lady of the Assumption (16th cent.); two works by Luigi Fontana, St. Peter healing a cripple and St. Paul preaching in Athens (late 19th cent.); a painting of Salome witnessing the beheading of the Baptist (17th cent. Roman school); an 18th cent. crucifix; the tomb of Card. Carlo Salotti, work of engineer Luigi Fracassini and Romeo Cordelli (1948); the canvas with "The Mission of the Apostles", work of Father Nazareno Confaloni (1956).