in this place was built a church already existing in the VIII century, but in 1348 it was seriously damaged by a violent earthquake. Further damage li suffered with the earthquake on 8 August 1364. In the middle of the XV century was entrusted to Bartolomeo of tanks, for its reconstruction in the Venetian Gothic style. In 1480 however the architect died only 30 years after about was entrusted to Peter Lombard, who realized the current style cathedral Gothic joint-Venetian Renaissance and. At the end of the XVIII century architects Giorgio Massari and Bernardino Maccaruzzi it realized a wide internal restructuring. In June 1909 Pope Pius X raised it to the rank of Minor Basilica.
The interior is divided into three naves: the central one with a barrel vault, while the two lateral cruise. On the inner wall of the facade just above the main portal is placed the equestrian monument of Marcantonio di Manzano, condottiere cividalese, belonging to the noble family of Di Manzano, died heroically in 1617 during the siege of Gradisca. The sculpture, in lacquered wood, was commissioned by cividalesi in 1621 and is the work of Girolamo Paleario. Above the doors are four tombstones, reminiscent of some of the most important moments in the history of the Duomo and celebrate the benefactors.