The Sanctuary of the Madonna di Tirano is inspired by Renaissance canons and represents the perfect balance of beauty between Tuscan, Lombard and Venetian architectural elements. It was designed by Tommaso Rodari, former architect of the Fabbrica del Duomo in Como. On the façade stands the portal of the sculptor Alessandro Della Scala da Carna, while inside there is an imposing and exquisite workmanship, which rests on eight large columns of red marble, built between 1608 and 1617. Still inside, the high altar is a valuable work of baroque taste made with marquetry in 1748. Also of note is the bell tower which was begun in 1578 and completed in 1641 by the designer Pietro Marni of Bormio.