The Lis Aganis Association - Regional Ecomuseum of the Friulian Dolomites, founded on the impulse of the Community Initiative Leader + in August 2004, has about 70 members (local authorities, Pro Loco Consortia, Comprehensive and Higher Education Institutes, Cultural Associations) and about thirty Ecomuseum Cells included in the thematic routes water, stones and trades.
The Ecomuseum Cells are places where everyone can have experiences and emotions, carry out workshops, acquire knowledge and know-how, feel like a protagonist of the territory to preserve and keep alive the heritage of the local community.
The main objectives of the Ecomuseum are the cultural, social and civil promotion; the recovery and enhancement of local heritage; the promotion of a better quality of life in rural areas and the support of sustainable development for the territory.
What we do
- Workshops with local experts, for schools and families.
- Didactic paths for the enhancement of our sites, designed for schools and beyond.
- Research and documentation activities, publications and documentaries, training meetings to recover the memory and emotions of the past.
- Educational, popular and informative materials to make us known and above all to welcome you with open arms.
- Study visits to the Ecomuseum sites to discover all that makes us unique.
- Exhibitions, meetings, events and days dedicated to specific themes: archaeology, mosaics, weaving, old trades, mills and flours, ancient kilns and the flavours of our land...
The Lis Aganis Ecomuseum has been recognised as an Ecomuseum of regional interest by Regional Law 10/2006.