Legend has it that the town of Muggia Vecchia ended to be inhabited place, after its destruction by the Genoese and Paganino Doria in 1353. You also said that was destroyed, leaving in the foot the basilichetta from Trieste can in perennial fight against muggesani, because the salt pans. Before the current church there was a previous of VIII or IX century, of which there are some elements: the ambo, the lectern and two large and large pillars, to the right and to the left of the entrance, after remaking happened nelsecolo XIII. The remains of the medieval village were forgiven in light from the archaeological investigations: a stretch of road on which opened several distinct houses, on one side of the road leaning on the walls, a dwelling that preserves the ruins of the upper floor, accessible from an external staircase in masonry and presumably seat of the workshop of a blacksmith on the ground floor. The archaeological findings testify to the presence of an inhabited center of period dating from iron age, datable between the VIII and VI-V century B.C.
faces in a high position on the harbor, is a property of the sculptor Villi Bossi and his wife Gabriella, and is open to the public on special occasions, especially for cultural and musical events. The first nucleus of the castle was a tower erected by the Patriarch of Aquileia Marquardo of Randeck in 1374, in the area called Borgolauro. Was then added a quadrilateral walls and towers to accommodate a garrison of soldiers, the construction of which lasted until 1399. The battlements of the tower are plans, Guelph type. In 1701 he was initiated a first restoration project, curated by count Giovanni Polcenigo, that was done only in 1735, following the thrust of the government of the Serenissima, in whose orbit Muggia gravitated. In the nineteenth century, the castle fell into a state of abandonment, in which he remained substantially since almost at the end of the second millennium, when the current owners they brought him back to the original splendour.