Located in the heart of the Valdobbiadene DOCG area, the Col Vetoraz winery is located at an altitude of almost 400 metres, at the highest point of the hill of the same name, part of the famous Cartizze hills from which this fine wine originates. It is here that the Miotto family settled in 1838, developing the cultivation of the vine from the beginning. In 1993 Francesco Miotto, a descendant of this family, together with the agronomist Paolo De Bortoli and the oenologist Loris Dall'Acqua gave birth to the current Col Vetoraz, a small wine company that has been able to innovate, grow and reach in 25 years the top of the production of Valdobbiadene Docg both in terms of quantity and quality, with over 2,000,000 kg of Docg grapes vinified per year from which the production of 1,200,000 bottles is selected. Great respect for tradition, deep love for the territory, extreme care of the vineyards and a scrupulous methodology of the production chain and the production of the great cuvées, have allowed over the years to obtain wines of excellence and flattering results at the most prestigious national and international wine competitions.
Col Vetoraz welcomes its visitors in a unique setting overlooking a breathtaking panorama that dominates the magnificent hills of Cartizze, where the origin of the company's birth is told, located in a traditionally wine-growing area and its evolution over time that has managed to turn difficulties into occasions to celebrate, the work in force and the land into wine.
In the Reception Room:
- On reservation, training courses called "Getting to know Valdobbiadene" are available for guests to discover the origin, authenticity, dedication and passion of this company and the territory in which it is located.
- You can taste and buy the whole range of Valdobbiadene DOCG sparkling wines.
- It also offers the possibility to organize business meetings.
Strictly following a method that preserves the expressive integrity of the starting fruit is the only way to achieve the natural balance and harmony that the vine has given us.
The philosophy that animates the company of Santo Stefano di Valdobbiadene is summed up in these words. A reality that every year follows the path marked by Nature, in full respect of the perfection with which it gives birth to every grape of the prestigious sparkling wine. On the other hand, the territory of the hills of Conegliano Valdobbiadene, today a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is already an excellence in itself, of undisputed uniqueness and immense cultural, historical and landscape value.
What confirms the company philosophy is nothing more than a production method that follows the criteria of respect and with it, the highest quality. This is combined with a quantitative aspect: the choice to have large volumes of vinification in order to make a careful selection of the best grapes from the slopes of the foothills, the area most suited to the cultivation of Valdobbiadene DOCG where the harvest, in absolute respect of the raw material, is carried out strictly by hand and, due to the extreme slope of the land defined as heroic.
The strict technique of transforming the grapes into wine used in Col Vetoraz also uses the best of technology so as not to remove or add anything to what nature can offer through the bunch, in a virtuous circle that is born from Nature and returns to it. A methodology that has allowed the winery to become a point of reference in the territory for the excellence of its products, all rigorously Valdobbiadene Docg.
The wines of the Col Vetoraz winery
- The velvety and aromatic Valdobbiadene DOCG Superiore di Cartizze, with its subtle and elongated perlage and intense perfume in which the delicacy of the mix of flowers and ripe fruit stands out, comes from the best vineyards in the area of the same name adjacent to the company's headquarters, whose limited size limits production to small quantities.
- Valdobbiadene DOCG Millesimato Dry, a persuasive, elegant and complex wine with a fine perlage, with an inviting citrus vein that delineates the nose, followed by white peach, pear, white flowers and aromatic herbs to confirm its typicality. The creamy carbonica and marked freshness are in perfect balance with the sweetness of the sugars and the persistence in the mouth is perfect. Protagonist of toast moments, it adapts well to every moment of the day.
- Valdobbiadene DOCG Extra Brut Ø, the result of a great work aimed at maintaining the characteristics of aromatic softness and gracefulness typical of the area of origin. It is a wine that, even if decidedly dry, knows how to keep round, harmonious and soft, without bitter scents and perfectly corresponding to the aromaticity perceived on the nose. Produced with a slow and complete fermentation, it has a velvety and enveloping foam and a pleasant bouquet of floral and fruity notes. Ideal as an aperitif, it is a winner in various pairing opportunities such as shellfish dishes.
- The Valdobbiadene DOCG Cuvée 5 Extra Brut is obtained from the selection of 5 vineyards. Despite a low sugar residue, only 5 g/l, it still manages to preserve round expressions and goes well with shellfish, crustaceans or fine fish.
- The Valdobbiadene DOCG Cuvée 13 Extra Dry is obtained from the selection of 13 vineyards, has a higher sugar residue but at the same time maintains dry lines. Excellent as an aperitif, it goes well with fish or vegetable dishes.
- Valdobbiadene DOCG Extra Dry is the undisputed prince of aperitifs. Inviting and friendly, it is obtained thanks to a careful selection of the hillside grapes of the exclusive Valdobbiadene area. It is a wine with a balanced taste and elegant tones whose light residual sugar contributes to a great overall harmony. The delicately fruity scents are reminiscent of acacia rose, delicate vine flower, white peach, pear, and a light citrus. It can gently accompany light lunches, ideal with spring risottos with wild herbs, perfect with rice and peas.
- Valdobbiadene DOCG Brut is a very trendy wine coming from the hillside vineyards facing west, where the ripening of the grapes reaches ideal levels for the production of this sparkling wine. Suitable for palates that prefer the dry, it is a dry, savoury and intense wine, with a fine and persistent perlage, a creamy foam and a taste devoid of angularity but delicately perfumed, thanks to the flowers of roses, citrus fruits, acacia and the fruity white peach, pear and apple. Perfect for an aperitif but also enjoyable with crustaceans and fine fish.