The most complete online resource about slow tourism and Italian villages
Login

Church of San Giorgio Martire

What to see in Castello-Molina di Fiemme, Trento, Trentino-South Tyrol


Share

the Church of San Giorgio martyr was built on the hill that overlooks the inhabited area between 1850 and 1856, was consecrated in 1864 and restored in 1925, rises on the area of the ancient castle of Eppan.

The bell tower was built in the 1907, the wooden doors of the main portal have cuts of Tita Pederiva, while on the square there is a gravestone of 1694. Inside there is a large altarpiece hung to the chorus of Carlo Vanzo (1866), who painted also the paintings of the Via Crucis, and the two lateral altars collect the same number of blades of the fiemmese school where, in particular that of the altar to the right has in the foreground the Church of the Castle with the old bell tower. The baptismal font in marble is of 1857 and component is the work of F.lli Rieger Jaegerdorg of 1900.

To mention yet the painting of the fiemmese school to the right of the triumphal arch that depicts St. George and the Christ who communicates the apostles, Antonio Longo, while the paintings in a semi-circle of the aisles are of maximum Diodato (1846-1924). Moreover in the sacristy and in the presbytery are kept numerous canvases or gonfalons of Longo.

  • Via Salita alla Parrocchia, 3, Castello-Molina di Fiemme (Trento)
  • Religious location

Castello-Molina di Fiemme

Castello-Molina di Fiemme

Sleep, eat, buy...

e-borghi 2019-2021 All rights reserved • 3S Comunicazione - P. IVA 08058230965
Via Achille Grandi 46, 20017, Rho (Milano) | 02 92893360