The most complete online resource about Italian villages
Login

Parish church of Santa Maria Assunta

What to see in Ala, Trento, Trentino-South Tyrol


Share

Arisen on the remains of a chapel annexed to the ancient castle, destroyed in the context of medieval struggles that divided the Bishops Principles of Trento and the Castelbarco. Over the centuries it has undergone various transformations and extensions, was damaged during the First World War and rededicated in its current appearance in 1929. The imposing facade with a tympanum was once painted with ornamental motifs; of the three entrance gates only the central one remained, a baroque portal on which stands the statue of the Assumption Virgin, Patron of Ala. Among the nine altars in polychrome marble, note the majestic high altar and the first on the right side, with the altarpiece depicting Saint Lucia, patron saint of the velvets, of the Cignaroli school. In the annexed canon there is a collection of sacred objects and vestments of real velvet alense dating back to 700.

  • Piazza San Giovanni, Ala (Trento)
  • Religious location
  • Suitable for disabled people

Sleep, eat, buy...

e-borghi 2019-2020 All rights reserved • 3S Comunicazione - P. IVA 08058230965
Corso Buenos Aires, 92 - 20124 Milano | 02 87071950