The church of Santa Maria Assunta was built at the beginning of the XV century outside of the castle of Arrone, in a district of recent formation that taken precisely the name of the Church. The interior has three naves separated by large arches on octagonal pillars and ending in the facade on three portals. The central portal is dated 1493 and its lunette is decorated with a fresco of the Virgin and the angels. The facade is also used as a bell gable.
The central apse and the arc were frescoed in 1515/1516 by Vincenzo Tamagni and Giovanni da Spoleto. The iconographic theme is that of the Stories of the Virgin, the same of the Cathedral of Spoleto, the mother church with frescoes by Filippo Lippi. At the bottom the Dormition of Mary and the Nativity, in the basin of the coronation of the Virgin assumed into heaven. The lateral apses, instead, contain frescoes. The left apse, moreover, contains important sculptures in terracotta of the XVI century.
Other significant works of art contained in the building are the fresco of the Madonna del Rosario by Giuseppe bastions (1609), the Madonna with Child and Saints. Peter and John the Evangelist of the XVII century, attributed to Francesco Cozza, and finally the predella of a triptych of 1487, work by the Maestro di Arrone, but no longer exposed because subtracted stealthily in 1971.