erected in 1372 by Archbishop Giacomo d'Atri, the Mother Church is the work of the architect Domenico di Martina, as reads the inscription placed on the facade.
Made in late Romanesque style, is probably an extension of an existing building. On the facade opens an oculus on whose periphery is carved a weave of plant motifs; with the bas-reliefs depicting Christ on the throne, the Archangel Gabriel and the Virgin. Under the porch, characterized by an elaborate notch with acanthus leaves and governed by two pedestals octagonal resting on oxen supported by brackets, opens the portal also enriched by a fine weave of reasons of plants and animals.
Worthy of note inside, a high relief of the Annunciation (Sec. XVI) and the chapel dedicated to San Ciro (Sec. XVII), containing a painting of the Madonna of the Rosary attributed to De Matteis. The dome dedicated to San Ciro is externally coated with maiolicate tiles polychromy.