Located in the historic center of the village Mazzo di Valtellina, Palace of Lavizzari is articulated around a paved courtyard and consists of two buildings. The oldest one dates back to the Venosta’s family of Match, who settled in Mazzo after having obtained the territories of the ancient parish as a fief from the bishop of Como. The one added during the Renaissance period instead draws the western corner and includes the representative apartments of the new owners of the building, the Lambertenghi lords, who acquired it in 1530.
In 1650 the palace passed to the Lavizzari who decorated some rooms with pictorial decorations and baroque stuccoes . To them we also owe the internal wrought-iron balconies and the green stone portal which, from the court, allows to exceed what was probably the chapel of the palace, as the frescoed angels of the medallion in the center of the vault would suggest.