the sanctuary of the Holy Crucifix, already Church of Santa Maria di Versacarro, was founded in 1637 by the Marquis Mario Frangipane to accommodate the Franciscans after that the Capuchins were transferred in Genzano, in the convent of the Capuchins. In 1645 arrived the religious and the new church was dedicated to Our Lady of Versacarro. In 1669 was exposed a wooden Crucifix, the work of Vincenzo Pietrosanti. Tradition has it that it was found miraculously made. Since then the place of worship took the name of "sanctuary of the Crucifix".