the Cathedral of Bova in Calabria (9th century) is dedicated to S. Maria dell'Isodia and is of Norman origin. It was rebuilt between the end of the XVII and the beginning of the XIX century. It is believed that the ancient construction should be ascribed to the first centuries A.D. The church, a romanesque structure, has planimetric plan with three naves of basilican type, the portal is with jamb tufa stone adorned with columns, and above in a box is placed the episcopal coat of arms. Other minor portal is located in the side facade, and the lintel of stone bears an inscription dated 1691.
The interior has three naves with columns on which rest the side arches, and at the bottom of the central apse is located the main altar the marble built in 1933 by Archbishop Giuseppe sister-in-law. At the top, in a suitable recess positioned on one scannello of marble of about 45 cm, is placed the statue of Our Lady of the presentation, or Madonna dell'Isodia ( from the Greek Ise-Ode : Submitted) with the child in his arms sculpted in white marble and high approximately one meter. The Madonna and the Child lead on the head two crowns silvery, dated 1614, with the coat of arms of Bishop John Camerota ( 1592-1620). In the chapel of the right nave preserves the artistic altar of the Sacrament in polychrome marbles. The Altar, attributed to Sicilian Masters, item is in the top frame an inscription with the name of the contracting authority the noble Fabio Nexit, and the year of implementation, the 1714.
A time in the middle of this chapel was the sepulchre of the confreres of the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament. On the right-hand nave overlooks the Chapel of the Crucifix, dated 1754, in which it was located a Christ in wooden cross of the XVIII century. The beautiful bell tower is provided with four bells, and the campanone is also called "bell of March", because it sounded every friday of Lent to remind everyone of the penitential period.