the statue of Christ the Redeemer of Maratea is a colossal sculpture placed on the top of Mount San Biagio. It was realized with a particular cement slurry mixed with flakes of Carrara marble by the Florentine artist Bruno innocent people between 1963 and 1965. Is High 21.13 meters.
On the top of the rocky of Mount San Biagio rise from the ruins of the ancient city of Maratea, today uninhabited. In 1806 the fortified citadel was attacked by a contingent of 4,500 French soldiers and, in 1907, she wanted to remember the event with the erection of a cross in wrought iron, located on the highest point of mount. This cross was then continually restored whenever that lightning the beat into.
In 1942 the Podesta Biagio Vitolo invented a new commemorative cross, this time made of cement and with lightning conductors to build in place of the iron. The work was carried out in conjunction with the first rolling road that climbed up to the basilica of S. Biagio and with the avenue that from this port to the top of the mountain, on an artistic belvedere with a balustrade.