the church of Our Lady of Sorrows is one of the three churches that overlook along the main street of the historic center of Maratea. It distinguishes itself for its characteristic obelisk in stone of 1788, placed in front of the steps of the access of the Church. An inscription just readable on a step under the portal reminds us that the church was built in the year 1620. From 1692 hosts the lay the Confraternity of Our Lady of Sorrows, which originally had its headquarters in the church of Sant'Anna.
The church presents a facade that does not differ much from the civil architecture, except for the lunette that encloses a fresco of the XVII century, the work of an unknown author that represents the sorrows and Calvary; and for a sort of tympanum which encloses three bells. The interior of the Church, designed according to the elegance of the neoclassic style and baroque, has a single nave with three altars in marble, works of the eighteenth century.