the complex of fortified buildings which stood on the hill during the Middle Ages it was identified for the first time as a castle in 963 A.D. to the beginning of the 18th century the castle was in poor condition. In 1738 the accounts commissioned the venetian architect Matteo Lucchesi designing a new comfortable building. The austere fortress became an elegant building in the style of a Venetian villa. For the construction were used materials derived from the remains of the existing structures and stones of imposing dimensions, taken from the nearby quarry Sarone. The imposing building drew the palazzi overlooking the Grand Canal in Venice with internal embellished by frescoes and stuccoes, paintings, tapestries and mirrors.