The most complete online resource about Italian villages
Login

Chapel of Sant'Ottaviano

What to see in Castelnuovo Val di Cecina, Pisa, Tuscany


Share

the chapel of Sant'Ottaviano near Castelnuovo Val di Cecina, is located at a short distance from the medieval castle, now in ruins, a fief of the Pannocchieschi d'Elci; it was built in the eighteenth century after the passage of ownership in favor of Ricciarelli of Volterra.

Has a linear trend squared and develops on three floors with a salient reason constituted, in facade, by the presence of two thin lateral lugs sections from signatures in stone. The villa was restructured around the middle of the XIX century and in 1830-1851, on the square where there is a fourteenth century source, closed by a portico, was raised the Chapel with central plan. The construction of the chapel dedicated to Sant'Ottaviano, where you will find some graves of the family Ricciarelli, is the work of one Jughetti, employee of the same family.

  • SR439, località Bruciano, Castelnuovo di Val di Cecina (Pisa)
  • Religious location

Castelnuovo Val di Cecina

Castelnuovo Val di Cecina
e-borghi 2019-2020 All rights reserved • 3S Comunicazione - P. IVA 08058230965
Corso Buenos Aires, 92 - 20124 Milano | 02 87071950