The most complete online resource about Italian villages
Login

St. Andrew's Church

What to see in Montecarlo, Lucca, Tuscany


Share

the St. Andrew's Church of Montecarlo was founded when the emperor Charles IV founded also the Montecarlo Castle. The original construction, of which remains the facade a big square blocks of sandstone with a portal completed by a lunette bicroma, was in poor condition in the middle of the seventeenth century, but was restored only at the end of the eighteenth century; the decorative apparatus was completed in the second half of the XIX century.

In the chapel of the Madonna of the Rosary are gathered some of the works more valuable; the most interesting is the statue of Saint Anthony the Abbot of Francesco di Valdambrino (first decade of the fifteenth century); the table with the Madonna enthroned with Child of Francis Eel (1434) is the central part of a polyptych whose side are located in Birmingham in the state of Alabama, U.S.

  • Via Roma, 18, Montecarlo (Lucca)
  • Religious location

Montecarlo

Montecarlo
e-borghi 2019-2020 All rights reserved • 3S Comunicazione - P. IVA 08058230965
Corso Buenos Aires, 92 - 20124 Milano | 02 87071950