its origins date back to before 1212, the year in which it is documented as pieve. In 1926 it was radically transformed for want of Conte Walfredo Della Gherardesca. The facade is of the type with a hut and the entrance portal is anticipated by an arch dug into the walls that presents on the keystone the coat of arms of the Gherardesca. The walls are frescoed partially and the ceiling is a wooden trusses.
The frescoes novecenteschi, mostly work of Alberto Zardo, follow an iconographic program aimed at celebrating the glories of the Della Gherardesca family. It is flanked by a bell tower, in style neomedioevale, built between 1929 and 1931 by Count Walfredo with the stones from the ruins of the castle of Donoratico.