the church of Sancta Mariae de Sperlonche is the church most archaic of Sperlonga. It is currently used as a venue for cultural events and shows. A document of 1135 of the Codex Caietanus (Gaeta's code or Caetani's) certifies the church already existed in the 12th century one of the most important places of worship in the surrounding area between Terracina, Funds and Gaeta.
The interior has two naves with successive enlargements. At the high altar is a canvas depicting the Assunta and a choir at a time. The chapel of the nativity scene dates back to the Eighteenth Century. In the bottom right of the nave there is a statue of the Neapolitan school. In the chapels of the lateral nave there are frescoes of the XII century.