The most complete online resource about Italian villages
Login

Chapel of Santa Brigida

What to see in Dolcedo, Imperia, Liguria


Share

the chapel of Santa Brigida is located on the road that leads to the foot of the Monte Faudo and on the valico toward Pietrabruna and the valley of San Lorenzo. Of medieval origins, it was rebuilt in 1425. The exterior is made of rough stone summarily plastered. In stone are the two portals, the facade, arc slightly acute with architrave decorated by a cross and supported by two stylised shelves, and that on the west side, with the symbol of the Agnus Dei carved in the lintel. The facade is preceded by a portico, used as a shelter for pilgrims. The apse is of Romanesque style, with two single lancet windows to slit and a series of arches that is repeated on two sides.

  • Strada Provinciale 79, 1, Dolcedo (Imperia)
  • Religious location

Sleep, eat, buy...

e-borghi 2019-2020 All rights reserved • 3S Comunicazione - P. IVA 08058230965
Corso Buenos Aires, 92 - 20124 Milano | 02 87071950