the palace was built in 1425, by will of the Capitano del popolo Peter Benassai Salimbeni, who used it as a residence. The building was also the residence of the priors for the period of their charge. The restructuring that has suffered in the course of the centuries have changed part of its original appearance. The building is in late gothic style, typical of the outlines of the sienese architecture of the Fifteenth Century. On the facade of the building are still recognizable the coats of arms of the main illustrious citizens of Magliano, like that of the Salimbeni Benassai itself, that of the Piccolomini family and that of the family Bandinelli.