The most complete online resource about Italian villages
Login

Church of St. Mary of the Graces

What to see in Castel del Piano, Grosseto, Tuscany


Share

the Church of St. Mary of the Graces of Castel del Piano was built on the site of a chapel dating back to the beginning of the sixteenth century and further enlarged and restored until the half of the XVIII century, while the facade, set on two sets of paired columns surmounted by a triangular pediment broken, was completed only in 1932. The inside has a Baroque typology with vaults, pillars and columns.

Among the works, together with the venerated image of the Madonna with Child inspired by the devout works by Sano di Pietro, the Madonna del Carmine di Francesco Nasini (1652), the two eighteenth-century canvases depicting the Annunciation, the wooden choir, elegant operates with ornate Inlay Type (1852) and the scenographic apparatus Baroque high altar in stucco painted imitation marble.

  • Via Guglielmo Marconi, 3, Castel del Piano (Grosseto)
  • Religious location

Castel del Piano

Castel del Piano

Sleep, eat, buy...

La Vecchia Dispensa
Ettore Ponticelli offers in his small shop first-pressing oil of excellent quality.
Via Italia in Montemerano, 31, Manciano (Grosseto)
30.42 Kilometers from Church of St. Mary of the Graces
e-borghi 2019-2020 All rights reserved • 3S Comunicazione - P. IVA 08058230965
Corso Buenos Aires, 92 - 20124 Milano | 02 87071950