the church of Sant'Antonio in Boccadasse was built in the XVII century as a chapel by fishermen and by the inhabitants of the area, after a few decades in 1745 became the seat of the confraternity of Saint Anthony of Padua and in 1787, after enlargement, was officially considered a church.
In 1827, thanks to the donation of the inhabitants and Captain Francesco Dodero, was also built a bell tower. In the subsequent decades the Church was subjected further enlargements and restorations: in 1880 it was restored in 1906 was considerably enlarged, in 1937 was rebuilt the roof and the time it was painted by artist Romolo Pergola, in 1964 was again extended with jobs that lasted for more than a decade.
The church became the parish on 25 March 1894 (Easter day of that year) for will of the Archbishop Tommaso Reggio. Among the works that are preserved, in addition to paintings copyright, there are sculptures of Francesco Storace and Antonio Canepa, as well as a crucifix processional of Luigi Gichero.