the Dragonara Castle or Dragon Castle is a defensive building of Camogli. Dating back to the second half of the XIII century, the original castle was used almost immediately as an excellent center sighting and defense of both the village and the portion of the sea in front of the cliff on which the castle was erected. In addition to the defensive system, the structure was used by the inhabitants of Camogli - camoglini - as Meeting to elect their representatives in the administrative activities - judicial cooperation as well as a place of refuge in the event of sudden attacks by sea from many pirates.
Between 1428 and 1430 the castle was considerably extended and reinforced by the inhabitants, especially the adjacent watchtower, interventions required as a result of previous assaults and from the continuous contrasts between the Community camoglina and the same Genovese Republic dominated by the Dukes of Milan.
During the seventies of the twentieth century, after decades of abandonment, the building was restored and dedicated to accommodate the tyrrhenian aquarium. Were created tanks with water host marina specimens of marine fauna typical of camogline waters: in practice, a forerunner of the modern aquarium of Genoa. The Guardian was also who procacciava fish and crustaceans and molluscs that populated the tanks. A great example of grouper was the main attraction, with moray eels, lobsters and hermit crabs. At the close of the aquarium fish and crustaceans present were transferred to the Aquarium of Genoa.