the millenary church, dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in the locality of Ruta near Camogli was the only church in the area until 1627. The building has an architectural style in Romanesque art, with central nave and apse with exposed stones, and the current conservation of buildings is due to the interventions of restoration carried out in 1905 and 1950.
In 1905 was built the sacristy which followed the demolition of a house on the left side, probably a hospice for pilgrims and was replaced the original flooring destroying the tombstones also described in the report of the apostolic visit of 1749. In 1950 it was rebuilt the discussed the cusp of the bell tower by the Soprintendenza for Monuments. The work became necessary because of the abandonment of the building after the fire started by the French troops of Napoleon Bonaparte, at the end of the XVIII century, under the command of General Andrea Massena.