the Parish Church of St. Peter in Bossolo derives its name from buxula in that was the name with which the roman armies you defined the imperial cash. The place on which rises the church was already inhabited by the V century demonstrable, thanks to an inscription, here rediscovered in the nineteenth century, dating back to the 424 A.D. The church is mentioned for the first time in a document of 7 September 988, at the time known as San Pietro in Pyxide.
In the XVII century the church was plastered; was also covered the central nave with a fake time on which it was made a fresco depicting the delivery of the keys to Saint Peter and the aisles were turn. In 1718 during the administration of the parson Cosimo Fabbri was made the chapel on the left hand side to accommodate the Virgin of patronage, coming from the Oratory of San Giusto in Petroio. The following year the Guicciardini did build an altar in the left nave then promote in 1742 a remake inside of the Church in the Baroque style. The bell tower was rebuilt in 1828 at the expense of the people and on a design by Pietro Turks from Borghetto and in 1832 the pievano Romualdo del Sarto he made to melt the current five bells. In 1839 it is the provident to move the Baptistery in a chapel of the right nave.
The facade is a salient and is preceded by a portico. The interior has three naves with five spans covered by wooden trusses, divided by quadrangular pillars which support arches with recess, are concluded by semicircular apses. The arches with recess denounce the work of the same workers who have also worked in other places of the Valdelsa, precisely in the parish churches of San Lazzaro in Lucardo, of Sant'Appiano (in the most ancient part)and in the parish church of Impruneta. To report a baptismal font to immersion, quadrilobated monolithic of hexagonal shape located to the left of the entrance. Always on the left opens the Cappella della Madonna delle Grazie There is also a marble ciborium of 1522.