the church of Santa Lucia al Borghetto is one of the best examples of Gothic architecture can be found in the Chianti territory. It consists of a single wide nave with a trussed roof and quadrangular apse, with a cross vault is illuminated by a wide double lancet window in accordance with the formal requirements and cultural heritage of the Franciscan Order. The Franciscans were the need to have available structures quite extensive and well lit to express a character of poverty but also of the classrooms where one can receive the faithful ammaestrali and with the word and the images that were painted on the walls.
The facade in the beginning of the twentieth century it was rebuilt according to the neo-gothic style and has a portal above which is located a lunette decorated with a fresco, rather spoilt, depicting the Madonna and Child with Two Angels built in the XIV century; on the right of the portal is walled a sepulchral slab fourteenth century of a member of the family Gherardini.
The walls were forgiven in light many songs of a cycle with frescoes dating back to the second half of the XIV century; on the right wall are depictions of holy monks, Santa Caterina d'Alessandria and the Madonna Enthroned with Child all attributed to the master of the Annunciation of the Legnaioli; on the left wall announcing angel. On the right wall is located a Christ crucifix painted on the table at the end of the XIV century and attributed to the same master. The main altar is placed a wooden crucifix from the fifteenth century. In the chapel of Assunta, remodeled in neorinascimentali forms in 1927, is the Annunciation by Neri di Bicci dated 1471.