the Vicarial Palace is the symbol of Scarperia and its history. In 1306, the Florentine Republic, impadronitasi of Mugello, decided to establish Scarperia, village with function of true and own defensive bulwark along the main road that led to Florence. The Palazzo, which still possesses a beautiful plant of fourteenth century era, in 1415, when Scarperia became the seat of the Vicariate of the Florentine Republic, was transformed into a stately palace. The building has gradually grown following interventions of restoration that however have not substantially changed the original structure.
The facade and the lobby are adorned with numerous coats of arms belonging to the vicars who have succeeded as governors of the place. At the end of their term of office, which lasted only six months, they were forced to leave the emblem of his own lineage to the inside of the palace. Particularly interesting are those in glazed terracotta of the workshops of the Della Robbia. Inside the palace you can admire, among other things, the splendid fresco of the school of the Ghirlandaio, dated 1501, as well as the ancient clock of the bell tower work documented the great Florentine architect Filippo Brunelleschi.
For information and reservations for guided tours and educational workshops contact the Pro Loco of Scarperia every morning from 10 to 13.