The most complete online resource about slow tourism and Italian villages

Provost of Santi Jacopo e Filippo

What to see in Scarperia, Firenze, Tuscany


Share

the provost of Santi Jacopo e Filippo is located in Piazza de' Vicars, in front of the Palazzo Pretorio, in the village of Scarperia. The current building became the seat of the parish church of Santi Jacopo e Filippo only in 1808, when the Augustinian convent of San Barnaba, which the Church was annexd by the beginning of the XIV century, was suppressed as a result of the napoleonic ordinances. The building has undergone numerous interventions up to the radical of 1870-1871, which took place both the exterior and the interior. The bell tower was completed in 1935.

With a single nave, with lateral altars, is closed at the bottom by a choir apsed into which open chapels. Inside are preserved some remarkable works, including the St Thomas of Villanova, Almoner of the Dominican Order, painting attributed to Mirabello Cavalori, two canvases by Matteo Rosselli, marble bas-relief with Madonna col Bambino, a work of Benedetto da Maiano and the wooden Crucifix that some attribute to Andrea Sansovino.

  • Piazza dei Vicari, Scarperia (Firenze)
  • Religious location

Scarperia

Scarperia

Sleep, eat, buy...

= distances as the crow flies
e-borghi 2019-2021 All rights reserved • 3S Comunicazione - P. IVA 08058230965
Via Achille Grandi 46, 20017, Rho (Milano) | 02 92893360