The Chapel of San Maurizio stands in a panoramic area in Balme del Castello. Probably built between the late sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries, the chapel has been documented since 1643.
Demolished in 1784, it was rebuilt in its current position in 1833 by the locals. The structure of the chapel is very simple and is characterized by the choice of leaving the rough-hewn stones that make up the perimeter walls externally visible. The chapel has become the shrine of the Alpini who died in the war.