the Castle of Melissa represents the symbol of the historical culture archaeological and of the presence of the Aragoneses and feudal tradition of the village. today only some parts of the structure and of the walls that licked up the village are still visible. The castle was built in the medieval era and are still visible the towers. Its strategic importance, it was decisive at the time of its construction in order to cope with possible incursions from the sea, makes the lead again today among other fortifications in the territory crotonese. The building served to counteract especially in the XV century, the continuous attempt of raids by the Turks. After having been for a long time a presidium regio, became property of the family Campitelli until 1668, the year in which it passed to the Pignatelli family.