The parish church “Madonna della Palude” (Unsere liebe Frau im Moos) is situated outside the city and it is the highest church between Munich and Verona; it is 32 metres high while the nave is 38 metres long and 23 metres large. It was built on the ruins of a Romanesque church near the Roman cemetery, evidenced by the finding of Postumia Victorina’s gravestone that is now exhibited on the north side of the nave. The works, directed by Hans Feur, started in 1417 and finished in 1451 while the 12 metres high Gothic altar was added in 1458, made by the sculptor Hans Multscher of Ulm. In 1497 the works to expand the nave started, under the direction of Hans Lutz of Schussenried, who added the colonnade of white marble coming from the near Valle di Racines; the works ended in 1525. In 1753 the church was restored by removing the Gothic parts and replacing them with Baroque decorations and frescoes by Joseph Adam Ritter von Mölk. In 1860 the church underwent the last touch up in Neo-gothic style; they added some structures that were previously removed like the altar of the presbytery.