the Abbey of San Vito martyr in the locality of San Vito, near Polignano a Mare was founded by the benedictine in the X century. From the XVI century the abbey was once the dwelling of the Friars Minor Conventual of the SS. The Apostles and in 1785 became the Royal Property. In 1866 the state has sold the abbey to the Marquises Greek, still today entirely owners, while the church is owned by the Fund of places of worship of the Ministry of the interior is given in concession to The Matrix Church Santa Maria Assunta where Sunday performs the mass.
It has a quadrangular irregular floor plan, with a huge portico on the main facade, scanned loggias with round arches. The transept is surmounted by a small circular dome. The bell tower is a tower finely worked in Lecce Baroque. The facade portico inside overlooks a small cloister with the drain.