The Church was born near the town walls that once surrounded the whole borgo antico, indeed according to historians, the site, currently occupied by the Church, in the Nineteenth century was occupied by the ancient castle. In 1855 the ancient tabernacle was made to break down by a priest who to forget the atrocities that there had been perpetrated, impose to build the Church of Our Lady of Sorrows to erase the sad past. The facade fully respects the sobriety of the neoclassic style. Is rhythmically divided by pilasters and a marcapiano that divides the two orders. The portal very simple reports on the entablature the dedication of the building to Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows, ancient denomination of Our Lady of Sorrows and the year of foundation 1855. The tympanum with indented cornice has at its center the coat of arms of the Addolorata (the heart pierced by a stylet). On the two side corners of the facade are placed two statues of profane meaning: the sibilla Deifica and Sibilla Eritrea. According to some historians these two statues were part of the set of sculptures of ancient Mother Church. The linearity of the facade deviates the campanile whose spire at the bulb gives a touch of liveliness. In the interior of the church preserves several wooden statues depicting the Sorrowful Mother, Our Lady of the Cross and the risen Christ from the church of Our Lady of Sorrows old that was behind the Mother Church. In fact there still exists the road of the Addolorata old; it is not to be excluded that the old church was demolished to give space to the nineteenth-century enlargements of the Mother Church. The ceiling is painted in tempera and at the center of each bay has allegorical symbols of the martyrdom of Christ. The church can be visited in the following opening hours: 7,30-12,30 17,00-20,00.