the Sanctuary of St. Mary of the Oaks near the village of Lucignano is a destination of pilgrimages connected to the cult of a sacred image of the fifteenth century. On the place was erected in 1467 a small church; in 1564 was entrusted to Giorgio Vasari reconstruction of the building.
The inside of the building has a plant with three naves, divided by columns with large charts of capitals from which stand out the arcs and above the trabeations of the Doric order. The area of the presbytery is structured on a transept formed by arms not projecting with respect to the side naves, with a deep choir flanked by two symmetrical local.
The internal space, on the basis of the most updated controriformistici dictates, everything converges on the high altar. Between the plies of the altars, Saints Benedict, Apollonia and Catherine of Siena by Matteo Rosselli (1625).