The Church of Mercy was the oratory of the company of the Most Holy Annunziata, one of the oldest religious congregations established in Lucignano. This oratory escaped the suppression of monastic bodies and orders, decided by Grand Duke Leopold, thanks to the will of the population who first established the Compagnia di Carità and then the current Venerable Archconfraternity of Mercy, whose coat of arms stands above the door.
Inside, the high altar in carved and gilded wood, datable to 1583, occupies the entire back wall and contains eight paintings of the Tuscan school of the late sixteenth century. On the side walls there are two glazed terracotta statues, the Annunciante Angel and the Madonna Annunciata, of the Della Robbia school.
In the sacristy has recently been set up the Museum of Charity, where are on display numerous furnishings, clothing and furnishings used by members of the Brotherhood in the course of welfare services.