The first mention of this church dedicated to San Lorenzo dates back to 1144. Towards the end of the thirteenth century, it was administered by a lay confraternity called ‘The Beaten’ or ‘The Disciplined’. The church was enlarged in the seventeenth century, with structural changes to the older building. On the left side is the mysterious ‘Segnorino stone’, inscibed with a cross, dating from the twelfth century. The interior has a single nave and houses a precious wooden choir from the church of the convent of San Francesco di Bobbio.