Built in 1304 by Corradino Malaspina, near the ancient Basilica of S. Peter, it was designed to be a military stronghold. In 1341 it became the property of the Visconti family. In 1436 they left it as a fief to the Dal Verme family who began transforming the main building into a luxurious country residence. In the XVII century it was bought by the noble Dal Verme family, who owned it until 1956, when it became property of the state. Today of the original building only the central quadrangular keep remains.
Fill out this form to contact this structure directly