The church of San Michele Arcangelo is a religious building site in Piazza XX Settembre. Built in the XIII century is defined between the most significant works and important of the late Middle Ages of Liguria intemelia; the building was later enlarged in the XVI century, preserving the gothic style. The façade presents a valuable rosone of 1450 in white marble consisting of twelve small columns to the work of the sculptor Giovanni Gaggini da Bissone. The interior is composed of three naves divided by two rows of columns with circular and octagonal. Behind the high altar is placed the famous polyptych of the painter Giovanni Canavesio 1500 comprising thirty-six compartments framed by a structure in gilded wood in renaissance style. In the painting, the top four and a half meters therefore considered the largest of western Liguria, are portrayed San Michele that pierces the devil with the intention of stealing a soul from the balance pan; to the left of the Saint are present Santo Stefano, San Giovanni Battista, San Pietro and San Lorenzo; in the top panel there is depicted the Holy Trinity represented by a dove and on its sides there are Saints Catherine of Alexandria, Caterina da Siena, Mary Magdalene and Margherita d'Antiochia; under the doctors of the Church of San Gregorio Magno, St Jerome, St Ambrose and St Augustine. In the vertical panel left the Archangel Gabriel, St Francis of Assisi, Saint Louis and Santa Lucia; in vertical panel on the right the Madonna, San Domenico, San Nicola di Bari and Santa Apollonia. In the two steps are depicted scenes from the life of Jesus and the twelve apostles.