The Parco della Mola, which extends about 5 km from the centre of the town of Oriolo Romano, takes its name from the old mill, built in 1573 by the feudal lord Giorgio Santacroce. This construction used the waters of the river Mignone of the Biscione ditch to mill wheat for flour. The Mola, known as the Biscione, is surrounded by greenery, not far from the remains of the ancient canalisation works and the tuff perimeter walls.
The whole area is rich in thermal springs, typical of a volcanic territory such as Tuscia. One of the most important thermal springs is undoubtedly that of La Mola itself, characterised by water at between 25 and 28 degrees centigrade and abundant gaseous emissions. Inside the Parco della Mola, the Università Agraria has set up a park with tables for refreshments and a small pool that collects the local sulphurous thermal water.