built in the X century, the church has a square plan with pronaos in front and is divided into three aisles with barrel vaults. In the baroque era was made the current facade with the clock, the stairway and the lobby. At the time of the Republic of Amalfi The church was the Palatine Chapel where were crowned the dukes and where they put their ashes.
The most ancient remains are represented by a gravestone of the XIV century, portraying the nobil dama Atrani Filippa Napolitano, and a marble slab of the XII century depicting two peacocks. The Peacock, sacred to Juno, was revered by many eastern peoples: symbol of vanity and pride, well represented the predominant quality in the Nobles of Amalfi. The bronze doors, 1087, are divided into panels of great artistic value, containing the effigy of Christ and of Our Lady and of some of the Saints. Currently are preserved in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena.