the St. Peter's Church overlooks the gulf of the poets in the village of Porto Venere. It was consecrated in 1198. Its part to white and black bands dates back to the XIII century. This part was derived from a body more ancient, which consists in the primitive church, while on the left the campanile is based on the left chapel of the presbytery. The original church is a work of the Syriac type of the V century, with rectangular plan and a semicircular apse. Two round arches bring in communication this space with the gothic church. The latter in turn has the wooden roof structural and the presbytery is divided into three chapels, covered by times for nose cone and spider, set on polistili pillars.
The St. Peter's Church is the "Christian temple" cited by Eugenio Montale in a suggestive poetry, dedicated to Porto Venere.