the cathedral of Scanno, also called dell'Assunta, is in Romanesque style of Abruzzo. The general appearance is that resulting from the intervention of 1636, when they were opened the doors to the sides, and in 1840, when for intervention of Gaetano Ciarletta were opened the oval windows, later transformed into circular openings.
The central door, carved, of Burgundian school (XII-XIII century), shows a high relief of two skulls for wing, in warning of memento mori" to the faithful entering through these ports. The interior has three naves, one for the door. The central nave ends with a semicircular apse. The pulpit is supported in the last column to the right, is of Ferdinando Mosca of Pescocostanzo. It is accessed by a staircase that rises to the nut onto the column. The altar is in polychrome marble with emblems of the Blessed Sacrament with the ciborium, was built by marmorai of Pescocostanzo and Alfedena on a drawing by Panfilo Rainaldi.