the provost of Santi Jacopo e Filippo is located in Piazza de' Vicars, in front of the Palazzo Pretorio, in the village of Scarperia. The current building became the seat of the parish church of Santi Jacopo e Filippo only in 1808, when the Augustinian convent of San Barnaba, which the Church was annexd by the beginning of the XIV century, was suppressed as a result of the napoleonic ordinances. The building has undergone numerous interventions up to the radical of 1870-1871, which took place both the exterior and the interior. The bell tower was completed in 1935.
With a single nave, with lateral altars, is closed at the bottom by a choir apsed into which open chapels. Inside are preserved some remarkable works, including the St Thomas of Villanova, Almoner of the Dominican Order, painting attributed to Mirabello Cavalori, two canvases by Matteo Rosselli, marble bas-relief with Madonna col Bambino, a work of Benedetto da Maiano and the wooden Crucifix that some attribute to Andrea Sansovino.