The Franciscan Monastery is on the slopes of the historical centre of Rocca Imperiale and is a monastery whose construction is linked to the Franciscan Friars Minor of the Regular Observance. It is a fairly large monastic complex, whose apparently complex structure does not deviate from the classic model of Franciscan architecture: like all convents of the time, it had a cloister with a cistern, a portico, cells and an adjoining church. It took about 21 years for the church to be opened to the faithful and another 34 to be completed. It is believed that the monks' quarters were built first and then the church, which was completed around 1583.
The monastery today houses several museums and behind it is the adjoining church.